Pie & Peas 5 - Info for
The 2018 Pie & Peas 5 event will be held at 7:30pm on Wednesday 1st August in Moulton.
The race is full with a wating list so there will be no entries on the night.
Click HERE to see the full entry list.
Please help us avoid parking problems by observing the following:
- As the race takes place in the centre of Moulton, please be respectful of the local residents.
- The designated car park is on the school playing field situated opposite the school on School Lane off Main Road (past the Lion Pub and Royal British Legion and on the right). Postcode CW9 8PB. It will be signposted and marshalled.
- Click HERE for a map showing the Car Park location.
- When you arrive on the field please follow marshal's instructions.
- if you want to avoid the congestion there is also street parking away from Race HQ on Whitlow Lane and Beechfield.
- Please do not park on Main Road as this is part of the race route and please don't leave your car where it may cause an obstruction.
- if you have friends / clubmates attending the event please consider car sharing.
All numbers and timing chips are to be collected on the night at the Royal British Legion in Moulton.
Registration will be open from 6:00pm.
Race numbers will be pre-printed on the back with your name and emergency contact information. Please check that this is correct.
Please add emergency contact information on the back plus any additional information if required (such as a notifiable medical condition).
The race starts and finishes on the playing fields behind the British Legion.
This year there will be direct access to the field via a gate.
A map of the race route can be found HERE.
We will be using chip timing for both start and finish this year. This means the start will be narrower than last year but you time won't start until you cross the mat.
Part of this event is on public roads, so in line with recent UKA guidelines the use of ear phones of any kind is prohibited during the race. Any person seen running with ear phones will be disqualified.
There will be 2 prize draws for £100 vouchers supplied by Rosebank Intersport open to all runners. These can be redeemed against a pair of running shoes and AfterShokz bone conducting headphones.
All finishers are automatically entered into the draw so no need to hand in your number.
Rosebank will be present at the event with a 'bargain rail' offering promotional goods.
All finishers will receive a Pie & Peas supper served inside the Legion after the race, featuring Sue Coward's Famous Pies.
Pie bags are available so you can take your pie home if you don't want it on the night.
Also at the Legion there are toilets and a full bar so you can enjoy a pint with your pie & peas!
Results will appear live at https://vrac.niftyentries.com/Results/PieAndPeas as you cross the finish line!
The prize giving and prize draw is expected to take place at approximately 8:45-9:00pm.
This includes prizes for all veteran categories from V35 up to V75, male and female!
We look forward to
seeing you all on Aug 1st!!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
Click HERE for the event Facebook page for more news, pics and comments.
Thanks again to this
year's sponsors, please give them your support:
Advanced Medical Solutions / Rosebank Intersport